Recent Tweets in the eMotion Cafe

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

I woke up this morning and found Today sitting on the edge of my bed.

She smiled as I finally awoke, leaned over to me, and whispered in my ear: "Yesterday is gone. She has left you, again."

As I scanned the room with my morning eyes, looking for my Yesterday, I found that she had, indeed, left without another Note or Goodbye - just the Broken Promise that she would be there in the morning was left on the bedside table.

"You always knew she would leave, again," Today continued, "Yesterday can't stay Anywhere for too long, without becoming UnHappy and Angry. You know, that. It's part of Who she is."

The only two words I could find in that nearly empty room were these: "I know".

Sensing the confusion and pain of another lost Yesterday, Today reached out to me, slid her hand into mine, smiled a sad smile, and offered me this: "Yesterday will always leave you. She always has. But, now, you have me, Today, and we have all day to do Whatever We Want and make Tomorrow Whatever We Want It To Be."

I truly loved Yesterday for having been a part of My Life.

But, I thank God or Whatever Gods There May Be for giving me Today. I am Thankful for knowing She will never leave - and will always be Present in My Life. With her Loving Promise, I can't wait for Tomorrow.

No comments: