Recent Tweets in the eMotion Cafe

Monday, April 23, 2012

Appreciation

Appreciation came to visit me in the eMotion Cafe, today.

She only visits when things are Quiet. She's not much for the crowds, it seems. I asked her, once, why She only comes when we are nearly empty, thinking that perhaps She had a fear for crowds or people or germs or any of the Other Things that create Fear in people.  She simply replied, "Darlin, I'm getting older and I'm a petite girl and I don't talk very loudly, you see, and so I find that it's easier for people to hear me and see me when Things aren't so Crazy."

She was Right. She was slender and beautiful. It was impossible to tell how old she was - as Age seemed to only bring her Grace. Her long hair flowed over her shoulders and spilled into her black peacoat. Her blue eyes drew you into her whispered words that always brought me Peace - not matter what or which Chaos had entered the Cafe that day. She was simply Lovely. I can't imagine anyone missing her in a crowd, Ever, but She always claims that People just don't take the Time to see Her.  All I know is that when She enters the eMotion Cafe, the place overflows with warmth and seems filled.

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?" She asked as she greeted me with a smile that took my breath away.

"Yes... Yes.. it has." I could only find three words and most were hard to get out as my breath was usually absent in her presence - and one of the Words I had to use twice.

Sometimes, it's hard to breathe at Those Moments in Life when you are truly being Blessed.

"So, I'll have the usual," She said. She didn't even bother to tell me her drink order, anymore. She knew I knew.

"Coming right up," I told her with a slight sideways Grin, knowing and waiting for what was coming Next.

"So, Hope, what is it that you're Thankful for These Days?" She asked.

"Many, Many Things," I said, not waiting for her to pry. It had been a while since she had visited and I'm like a child when she visits. I just want to tell her Everything, but I know I have to choose my Words wisely because Words are powerful Things and have Meaning.

I continued, "I'm Thankful for the Love that I have been blessed with in this Life. There are Those who have had Faith in me when I've doubted myself. There are Those who have endured my Pain and Torture when I've been less of a Man than I should have been. There are Those who have Trusted in me and allowed me to grow.  There are Those that have Forgiven me for doing the Best I Could. But, mostly, there are Those that still believe me to be Hope."

"That's wonderful..." She whispered, "I cannot remember a visit with you where you have had So Much to be Thankful for.  You are beginning to See and Hear the Universe again, my Love. I must come visit you more often." She began to turn to walk towards the leather chairs to sit and drink her double espresso in peace, watching the Chaos outside so she might find a moment to slip out.

She smiled, then, with a force that nearly dropped me to my knees.  I feel helpless, Sometimes, in her Presence. It's like being Surrounded in Love and knowing that Everything Happens for a Reason and every other Cliche is real and honest and in your heart at that very same, exact Moment. I don't know that a woman has ever been able to disable me as much as Appreciation can.

"So, I learned a little Something, recently, " I told her.

I could see her grinning as she stopped and turned back towards me. 

"Yes..." She responded, "Do tell me that Something, Dear."

Again. I had to catch my breath. I'm not sure that that woman could say Anything that wouldn't jump into my Heart and then steal the air in my lungs and run from the building, laughing.  I took a few deep breaths and started...

"So, I have started to wake each morning and write down Something That I'm Thankful For. I keep a journal. I spend the first Moments of my day capturing the Gifts that God has brought me. Sometimes, it takes me a moment. Sometimes, it takes me an hour. But, Always, I put the pen down next to my bed and I start my day with the Blessings I have had in my heart. Sometimes, it is a very lonely activity, but I find Comfort in knowing that my Blessings have and will continue to surround me."

"That's so very wonderful..."  She whispered again. Only this time I could barely hear her.  I could only feel her Words brushing my cheeks as they passed.

Then, She looked far away as she looked into my Heart. She looked worried for a Moment.  Then, the corners of her mouth lifted and Grace settled back within her smile.

She began to whisper, again, "Soon, Love, Someone will find you. She will See the Blessings that surround you and know that they are for Her, too. She will fight for you. I know her, personally, and She has been waiting for you for a very Long Time. You should know, Hope, that She is lost, too, right now. But She will find you. And She, too, keeps a Journal of the Gifts in her Life. And your name is already written in her journal. Soon, She will tell you Every Day how much she is Thankful for you being in her Life. I am Sorry that Others have not been as Thankful. But, to be fair, Everyone forgets how Blessed they are, Sometimes. Even you, Hope, forget. Well... ok. Not Everyone forgets. But, Almost Everyone."

She smiled again and, again, my knees trembled. I had to reach down to the counter and hold the edge. I'm quite certain that had Appreciation moved any closer, I would have crumbled and fell into the next World.

"I must go, now..." She whispered.  "I look forward to talking with you, again, very soon, Dear. And, Darling, please don't forget to tell Others what you have learned. I would like to talk with each of Them, too."

And she breezed out the door, quietly, and left me to catch my breath, make myself an iced grande soy one pump white mocha, and sip on every word she had left with me in those Blessed Moments in the eMotion Cafe.



No comments: