Recent Tweets in the eMotion Cafe

Friday, March 30, 2012

Lessons Learned

"So, how was your week?  Did you learn anything New?" She asked Him.

"Truth?" He queried.

"Of course," She smiled.

He looked down, a little bit Embarrassed and a lot Ashamed, and then looked up and told her, "I learned that I'm not always Smart Enough to know what Someone wants - but, I'm Smart Enough, now, to know I that I should always just Ask and Listen."

She grinned and reached out toward him.

"That's not a bad Lesson Learned," she offered, "In fact, I think that's the kind of Lesson Learned that can change a Man for Good."

"I hope so," he said, with the subtlest wince of Pain that can only come from brushing against a fresh wound, "Because I'm not really sure I can take many more of these Lessons Learned.  They kinda Hurt. A lot. And I'm totally with Not Hurting anymore, if it's all the Same."

And then they both Smiled, knowing full well that we will all always have our Hurt, but our Hurt goes away when we find the Lessons Learned.




No comments: