Recent Tweets in the eMotion Cafe

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 Million Layer Man


"You might be the most complicated Man I've ever Met," She blurted out, "... There are like 5 Million Layers to You."

He smiled and began to ponder the implications of being the 5 Million Layer Man.  Then, just as He began to believe that that might have been the Kindest Way anyone had ever called him Crazy, She continued, "But, the layer I like most is that you talk.  Most guys don't talk much or when they talk they don't say much. And, you don't just talk -  You share your thoughts and feelings. You tell the Good and the Bad. You don't pretend to be Perfect.  You know who you are and you don't have any filters and you just put yourself out there to people - for Better or for Worse

"True That," He said with a nervous smile - not sure where This was going.

Then after a moment, he looked at Her and said, "I think I finally understand why I always end up Alone... It's genetic.  I mean, seriously, how can anyone possibly Love a guy with 5 Million Layers. That's so very unrealistic. It's way easier to love Simple Men. They have far fewer layers. Me, on the other hand, I have an extra 4,999,999 layers to possibly Loathe, Hate, Despise, or Dislike. I'm like a slot machine in a Vegas airport - Anyone's chances of hitting the jackpot with Me are nearly zero.  I think I'm going to get a Dog. But, I'm allergic to Dogs. Crap. I can't even get my own 5 million layers to like each other. See? Hopeless."

And as He looked at her, a Smile burst from deep within Him. Suddenly, they were both laughing.

"You may be Hopeless," She said, "But, don't forget that there's a lot of Layers to like, also. How about we focus on Those, instead?"

Suddenly, it occurred to Him that it didn't matter how many Layers he had - as long as Whoever was looking at Him chose to count up the Layers They Liked in Him, first.

And, in that moment, he imagined some lucky traveler thousands of miles away, stopping, setting their suitcase to the side, and slipping a dollar into a slot at McCarran Airport - and the blessed smile on that wear traveler's face as the lights began to flash and the quarters began to pour out of that So Very Lucky slot machine in a Vegas airport where - on very rare occasions - Someone hits the jackpot.

No comments: